How to File A Complaint
If you feel you have been discriminated against on the basis of your sex or have experienced sexual harassment, you may file a complaint with the EEO office by completing this form (PDF version / online version) or by contacting the EEO Office in writing at email@example.com or:
District Office of Human Resources& Staff Development – EEO Office
226 W. Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60606
Complaints must be filed within 180 days of the discriminatory act complained of on the form.
Examples of Sexual Harassment in Higher Education:
1) a professor who continually makes jokes of a sexual nature in the classroom;
2) a registration advisor who tells a student he or she might be able to get into a class if the student dates the advisor;
3) an admissions officer who tells a prospective student that the advisor will put in a “good word” for the prospective student if he or she dates the advisor;
4) a financial assistance advisor who tells a student that “if you have sex with me, I can look out for scholarships for you;”
5) a teaching assistant who promises a student a better grade if the student does not resist any inappropriate
touching or sexual advances.